Robalo Boating Forum

1993 2120 robalo

cicconrfred1

No manuals avaiable. There were none other than a generic booklet that went with the boat. Your motor manual would be the same way. Unfortunately your 1993 was a transion year as they moved the plant from Sanford FL. To Talaco Tenn. Once there some were manufactured but they were sold to U S Marine . The boats that serial number starts with CRO = Cobia/ROBALO Should have been totally foamed filled (fuel tank mounted in coffin not foamed in) But the best way to find out is cover a rubber mallet with a sock and hit the hull. If it sounds solid it's foamed if hollow sound not. Wish I could help you more but I left before they went north.

• 4 months later...

There should have been some limber holes in the bulkheads to allow water to work its way to the bilge area, but those drain holes do get clogged with both construction debris and crud over time. Straight answer is if it is not draining now, it is not going to drain.

The only way I can think of getting rid of the trapped water is to cut a 6 inch circle (or one close to that dimension that will allow the installation of a screw in inspection plate afterwards), then remove a core of foam down to the inner hull. This hole should be at the lowest place the water could collect. Pump the water out of the hole over a few days, allowing additonal water to seep down to that point. Once done, screw the inspection hatch back in place. Now you have an access point for future drainage.

What makes you suspect water being trapped in this location?

• 6 years later...

@2-N-TOW Digging up an old thread... I am restoring a badly abused 1996 Robalo 2120 that I took on as a project. At some point I assume, the port side thru-hull drain fitting cracked or seal failed and whoever owned it filled the drain with 4200! It is just globbed in there completely filling the drain hole.  This thru-hull drain is connected to my bow locker limber holes and now water was trapped in the drain lines.  A NY winter came and those drain lines froze and cracked.  Now every time it rains the water is filling the bow. 

My plan to fully remedy the issue is to essentially cut the lockers out completely, exposing the entire bow. Digging out all of the (assumed) soaked foam and replace with new. My question is... do you think it would be best to abandon the port side thru-hull fitting and drain the lockers directly to the bilge? I can have it dump into the fuel coffin and drain back that way. Or leave it as is? 

6 1/2 year old thread brought back to life...this may be the record yet!

I would probably go back to the existing thru hull instead of relying on it draining to the bilge.  Change out the existing fitting for either a stainless or marelon fitting.  Also, I am not sure if your fuel coffin has a drain at the back that drains into the bilge, so the reason for not recommending that.  

When you dig the foam out up front, check the limber holes up there for any debris blocking them.  You may need to get creative and have some type of channel between the inside of the hull and the foam along the lowest portion of each compartment so any trapped water has a way to drain to the centerline and out to the bilge.