Robalo Boating Forum

R305 Chronic Leaking/Flooding Stbd Deck/Fish Box

DoctorK

I have a 2009 Robalo 305 purchased new in late 2008. We have been taking 6-8 inches of sea water (e.g - all my gear is submerged and or floating after a day on water) in the starboard deck/fish box every time out. Doesn't appear to matter if stbd bait well behind captains chair is running/full or not. Drain plug in deck box is tightened down, deck latch seal is in tact and clamp/latch is tight, hatch gunnel drain is clear and working. It does not appear the interior top of the fish box is affixed/caulked all the way around to the bottom of the deck. Nobody at Legendary Marine in Destin can figure out where water is coming from. This has been a chronic issue since getting the boat new. There is no leaking or issue with port deck/fish box.

Has anyone experienced this with their 305 or other Robalo models? Any ideas on where this is coming form or how to fix? I have contacted the factory for help - waiting.

Appreciate any insights.

Thanks

I have a 2007 R305, but I have not experienced this problem. You mentioned the drain plug is in the deck box. I am not sure you need a drain plug. I do not use one. does it pump out when you turn the pump on. Maybe the pump is backward so that water is pumped in not out. Just some thougts.