Robalo Boating Forum

2520 Robalo w/ T-200's performance #'s

Storm Chaser

I don't have acess to my files (on iPhone) but I have some on. 1990 if you can wait untill Monday.

I have a magazine report On my company boat I will post.

Yeah, thanks I'd appreciate that. The hull I'm getting weighs in at 5050 lbs plus the 2 Merc 200's, so I'm estimating the rig weighs in the ball park of 6200 lbs. Plus fuel, t-top, bracket...I'm thinking maybe 50mph, I'm not sure. My 2120 w/225 runs near there so I'm thinking the 2520 should be in the same ball park at least.

Edit: Also, if anyone knows the the deadrise I'd appreciate it, it's the 1995 year model. Thanks again.

Edited by Storm Chaser

MR. ROBALO, possibly you can shed some light as to the specs of this particular Hull ID# CROA20RO14S, it either ends in an S or a 9 the picture cuts the ending off. Any things I should look out for or be aware of when going to see this particular hull.

Thanks in advance...

For your dead rise place a carpenters square from the keel up. Measure the distance from the keel to the upright. Each 1/4 ich = 1 degree. If it is 3 inches that = 12 quarters. (4 1/4 to the inch x 3 inches = 12 quarters) in this case dead rise would be 12 degrees. :wave:

If this does not make sence send me a pm and I will do my best to send you a diagram.

For your dead rise place a carpenters square from the keel up. Measure the distance from the keel to the upright. Each 1/4 ich = 1 degree. If it is 3 inches that = 12 quarters. (4 1/4 to the inch x 3 inches = 12 quarters) in this case dead rise would be 12 degrees. :huh:

If this does not make sence send me a pm and I will do my best to send you a diagram.

Hey Mr. G I do understand your instructions and I appreciate the advice however the boat is approximately 1000 miles away from me, so it's not so easy for me at this point in time.

Anybody out there with a similar year model 2520 care to chime in please?

Thanks in advance

EEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Scanner won't work.

I found the report I was looking for just can't get it scanned .

So here goes readers digest version.

1989 Motor Boat Magazine test report ROBALO 2520

with full tower with twin 200 hp Yamahas.

80 gal fuel loaded for fishing 8 gal water.

props 13 1/4 X19 SS

RPM SPEED GAL/HR MPG RANGE

2500 16.6 13.5 1.23 236

3000 24.7 15.00 1.65 317

3500 31 17.5 1.77 340

4000 35.6 20.5 1.74 334

4500 41.5 25.5 1.63 313

5000 46.5 31.5 1.48 284

5500 51. 44.5 1.15 221

I am sorry I couldn't scan the whole article but will when the scanner decides to talk to my computer LOL

The 25 was my favorite and I ran them for photo shoot and tournaments all over the east coast. I was not the fastest in calm seas but let her kick up on the way in and we had her cleaned up for the next days fishing and were having a frosty one way before the others arrived at the weigh in ,

I hope this helps. where is the boat ?

Thanks Mr. R. it does help and I appreciate it...I know I'm not buying a "speed demon" but rather a "super solid fishing platform" that will hopefully last me many many years to come. I'm just curious how different the specs are from the '89 to the '95, ie: hull weight, max hp, fuel capacity, hull design etc...

Do you remember offhand if there is any wood in the hull? And, are there any "querks" so to speak with this model/year, that I should pay particular attention to when going to pick up the boat? I'm considering getting it surveyed before I make the long trek to go see it.

Thanks again.

Edited by Storm Chaser

• 5 months later...
Jerry,

Do you know what your Hull weighs???

Your R2520 boat weight and specs are in this section just follow

The prompts to get them . Off the top of my mind it is 3360 BUT THAT IS ONLY THE HULL AND DECK

LINER. After that figure add 500-750 lbs for console fuel tank all hatches gunning . It was done to not scare people away as it takes a large vehicle to pull it .

Any more questions just ask.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 years later...