Jump to content
Robalo Boating Forum

aquaholic23

Members
  • Posts

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

aquaholic23's Achievements

Landlubber

Landlubber (1/9)

0

Reputation

  1. Transom is going to be getting a new one. We picked up this boat specifically due to the transom being the only major work and the deal we got on it. Unfortunately our motivation for winter projects has faded due to the cold but feel like once the fishing is nonexistent we will be getting back on track. With 3 of us in on the boat we were budding heads on a pour vs ply transom project. We are now set on cutting and using marine ply rather than the pour. My restoration topic thread will be getting updated once we start making real progress on the project. Knowing others are looking out for the project is perfect motivation to get it going again, thanks!
  2. My head can't decide which is which but when you say leave 4-6 inches does that only apply if we hollow the core out? We were going to try and leave the outer skin and remove core. So leave 4-6 inches inside the core closest to the walls? We want to then glass over the entire transom after filling with carbon core to ensure strength rather than adding a metal plate. We liked the idea of the plate just because it's such an old hull but we will have to see. So that was another area we weren't sure about. In other posts we saw some modifications to allow water that drains from coffin to stern. Is there an opening on the bottom of the hull such allows water to drain or is it only want goes under the foam? We definitely want a better bilge system on the transom. Question. The bilge currently present, that's only removing water getting caught in the transom pocket? That drain hole on the way bottom of the boat would drain out of the coffin? Sounds like it would be best to try and have bilge for both? Rubrail. Only the screws on stern side had some screws torn through. Port and starboard sides screws were still intact to the hull. Thanks for the advice on sealing product.
  3. Hey everyone. Stumbled upon this boat and began early steps for a rebuild. We're told is a 1975 R200 and the transom number is SLK 952850575-75. This boat has been out of the water for about 5 years but last time it was running she ran great per owner. It was sitting in a backyard in lower NJ with a soft cover on top. Almost everything on the boat is original. We have the T-Top as well. It was sitting on its trailer for the 5 years which is slightly undersized for the boat and paired with rows of rubber rollers. Only damage we can see thus far is cosmetic from sitting on the rollers. Now for this build we're primarily focusing on the transom. There was a metal plate installed about 7 years ago to hold a Johnson 1985 185hp engine. Owner said it was temporary and since they were using this boat they never fixed it. There is obvious sagging on the transom as well as what appears to be rotting wood. Please see pictures attached. We're right now looking to do liquid pour fill transom but will reassess after further deconstruction. Would adding a metal plate like they previously did enforce any strength? Looking down the line after partially removing the rubrail is seems there is some separation been the gunwale and hull. We werent sure what to think of it as there is connection further in than the outside. Would someone be able to chime in and let us know what kind of damage we're looking at here. See pictures attached. I will get back to you once we get the entire rubrail off. We are assuming damage goes around the perimeter. We have yet to take the console off and inspect the coffin. We are planning on a full fuel upgrade and might restore the coffin cover piece. I have taken pictures of the edges to see if that would have any indication of what lies below. Screws all come undone easily. There is one little crack I included in the picture. See attached pictures. We will be updating this periodically as we go. Feel free to comment, make suggestions, or just follow along the rebuild. Thanks, Joe
  4. Hey everyone so glad I found this forum prior to beginning my project. Recently was "given" a 1975 R200 with a 1985 Johnson 185hp in pretty great shape to my eyes. Previous owner had it on his property for years and said if we can get it off then it's ours. So now it's in the driveway after buying new trailer tires. ok, time for information. Right side of transom reads SLK 952850575-75. Really hope someone can help me out with that as I have found no info with it. I'll attach many more pictures as we begin to plan and prep but so far I've only got these 3. Haven't taken many pictures as I'd have a million. Already anticipating replacing fuel tank, restoring the transom, and having to most likely repower the boat. The transom was given a metal plate on the inside to help support the outboards weight a few years back per previous owner. He never address the problem due to not using the boat since he had a smaller boat to use. Definitely other areas but those are the major ones to tackle on my end. Lots of TLC for this boat. Very excited to dive into this project as I've been reading previous project many members had on this website and believe with the assistance it will a great project. thanks, joe
×
×
  • Create New...