#26 Retainer

Retainer

Deck Hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Boat Type:1978 Robalo CC

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:42 PM

I have a question. with regard to the rear well area at the transom. I do not have scuppers. The area near the transom sits lower than the water line. I have a bilge pump in there and made it "self bailing". the pump is screwed into a fiberglass plate which covers the access to the lower bilge where I have another bilge pump. I use silicone to secure the plate so no water actually gets down into the lower bilge when the transom takes wakes over from passing boats.

I would really like to eliminate this and make is self bailing thru scuppers, but the SS plate sits low into this transom well and secures the engine brackets. I will try to take a better picture to show everyone. I have no idea whether this is original or modified from the original design. I would rather have the water that comes over the transom just flush out scupper holes, but since the bottom of the well sits below the water line currently, that hast to be raised. However, this would affect the SS plate. 

Ideas?

#27 2-N-TOW

2-N-TOW

Root Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts
  • Interests:Anything involving boats, fishing,construction and home improvement work with my dad, trying to surf with my son, sharing my other son's love of aviation, radio controlled planes, playing with all the dogs in the house (3 at the moment), and sharing life's adventures with my wife!
  • Boat Type:R2160

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:20 PM

Need a picture to get a better idea of the current set-up.

Dan
1988 2160 / 2003 Evinrude 225

Founding member of the Bad Shorts Club

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users