Robalo Boating Forum

Seachoice electric hitch

I need a New hitch for my trailer and I’m wondering if anyone has any input on an electric hitch, clearly an electric hitch isn’t necessary but it would be sweet. 
the seachoice has everything I want, a seven pin connector to get power so I dont have to mount a battery or run wire to the battery, and it swivels up for transportation. 
only problem is the Amazon reviews basically say it’s garbage and not to buy. 

anyone have any input ? Thanks in advance 

Too many common sense issues based on those reviews.  If it had been just one review, I would have thought the review was suspect, but this is not the case.  As nice as the concept is, I would consider the Fulton version if you are going with one.

15 hours ago, 2-N-TOW said:

Too many common sense issues based on those reviews.  If it had been just one review, I would have thought the review was suspect, but this is not the case.  As nice as the concept is, I would consider the Fulton version if you are going with one.

Yeah there are too many bad reviews to feel confident in thinking that it would be a good choice. That’s unfortunate because I like seachoice, I think they have great products but apparently they shit the bed when it comes to this electric hitch. 
the Fulton is really nice but I don’t think it has the wired connector or the swivel capability.   As I had said in the original post The electric hitch would be sweet and as far as longevity who knows how the Fulton will hold up over time. It might end up being just another component to worry about crapping out. I’ll probably just go with a standard manual hitch. Keep it simple right… 

anyone have any input on the Fulton??