Robalo Boating Forum
Sign in to follow this  
asboats2002

Old Robalo Registry page

Hey Two-N-Tow,

After several conversations this summer with some of my boating friends,  about our Old boats,  I promised them I'd ask this question.

Everybody asks,,,,  How many of those boats still around,  where are they located   etc...??

So I had an idea that maybe it would be interesting and fun ,  if possible,,,,,   to have a  "Old Robalo registry page" added to this forum.

Maybe we can get some responses to see if there is interest in this info....   and if you would have the ability to build this into the Forum ?

The page simply could be called ;   Register Your Old Robalo      This could be boats of 20 or 25 years or Older

Maybe it could be sub divided by  boat length, to give everybody an idea of what model ( size ) boats are out there the most ...

Info to enter could be ;      Name of owner & location  (City/State / Country)  or just  City/State/Country,  if they don't want to put their name.

3 pics of boat with one being of the Registration plate (if available), one of the outside and one of the inside.

Model of boat ;   R236  & Year of boat  

Power type ;    Ex; (2015 200 hp  Yamaha  Four Stroke ) or  Mercury I/O  496     etc....etc...

Just enough general info, to give us an idea of how many and where they are ,   who knows,,,,,  somebody 3 blocks away from you may have one you don't know was there !!!

I personally know that there are two other Old Robalo's in my general area that I have seen over the last couple years but don't know where they are located in the area.  One is  a R236 like mine and the other is the I/O version of the boat.

What do you ya think  ??

Don

"The Dr. Ann"    1975   R-236

I think this sounds like a great idea.  If nothing else, just to see what is out there.  Lets see if there is any interest from other guys/gals and I will then start a thread for members to enter the information.  I can then put it in a spreadsheet that anyone could access.  May be able to do some research on older forum members and get some of the information needed (pictures and HIN  would be hard to find).

OK,  lets see what others think.   Hopefully , we get some interests.

Would be pretty interesting to see, how many are still going !

What I am looking forward to seeing is how many boats are still in use prior to 1980.

Yes,   I'm hope to see that too, especially since I have one of those...

Still going strong !!   Did some crusing this weekend and put  82 miles on her..

Unfortunately the weather was 20-25 mph this weekend...boat had to stay on the trailer.

Hi Emilio and welcome to the forum.

Start a new thread under the restoration section and show us what you have.  Looking forward to seeing some pictures.