Robalo Boating Forum
Oguck

Newbie R207

Im a new member and fairly new to boats. I owned a couple boats when I was younger (over 20 years ago) but it’s been a while. Well our family was now in a place to buy one. We recently ordered a 2020 R207. Can’t wait to get it!! We’re in Georgia and ordered it from a marina on Lake Oconee. One question I have is I really like the Hummingbird helix 7. Does anyone know if it will fit in the dash or will I have to move the factory gauges to make additional room??

Thanks and I look forward from learning from all of you. 

Welcome to the site and congratulations on the new boat!

The only experience I ever had with Hummingbird was with their old flasher style depth finder, so no help on the Helix unit.

Where will most of your boating be; on the lake or saltwater?  If Saltwater, I would consider the Garmin Echomap 74CV since it has the BlueChart as part of the package.  For the lakes, the 73CV would be a good unit.  Another one that is good all around is the Simrad GO7 XSR combo unit.  I have played around with one of these for the past year and find it easy  to operate.

A good place to purchase electronics is BOE Marine.  Prices are good and customer service is excellent.