Robalo Boating Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fretz

Deadrise angle on a 84 2020?

After looking at all google has to offer i cannot find the actual deadrise at the transom for an early 80's 2020.

id like to get a through hull transducer and wonder what angle i need

thanks!

I looked through the on-line documents and came up blank.  I think the 2020 is 19 degrees, though.

Are you looking at the Airmar B60 tilted element transducer?  That is what I have installed in my 2160.  My boat is around 20-21 degree deadrise, but where I installed the transducer, the bottom was not angled as much.  As a result, I went with the 12 degree unit since mine is just off of the center line and felt the 20 degree unit would not have the beam as close to directly under the boat as the 12 degree one.  I can post a picture of the installed location tomorrow.

Its pretty flat...  to the point that i feel that 12 may be too much.  

I guess i need to measure it

Yes.  I thought long and hard about mine, then measured it to find the angle where it was going to be installed and realized the 20 degree was too much.

transducer.jpg

If I was another foot port of that location, then the 20 degree transducer would have been a better fit.

Try to find a location for installation that is not directly in front of the motor.  These transducers do not extend much below the bottom of the hull, but they can cause disturbances in the water flow that could result in prop cavitation.  Mine is offset about 8 inches from center to address this.  Reality, it probably would not affect anything when I take into consideration the drain for the in-floor fish box is on the centerline just in front of the transducer, but that does not extend past the bottom of the hull.