Robalo Boating Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tlguil66

1993 2520 Max HP

Does anyone have a 2520 with twin 250's 2 strokes on the back of there boat? looking for some Info to repower my boat.

Thanks,

Ted

Well I went a head and put twin 250's on it going to finish it up this week and test it out.  

Boatmotors.jpg

Boatmotors1.jpg

Jack plates, too...interesting!  Let us know how it runs.

Took the boat out last Friday to test run it had to remove the jack plates because the motors were to high and I couldn't lower the motors with the jack plates because the steering ram was going to hit the transom  when I trim up. So I removed the jack plates reset the motors and went test run it again last Sunday ran a lot better top out at 53 mph but was only turning 5100 rpms so now I am going to get the props rework to get it to turn up to about 6000 rpms  

boatrunning.jpg

Those numbers sound good, but you may want to consider buying different props instead of re-working the current ones.  It takes a 1 inch reduction in pitch to gain 200 rpms, so you are looking at knocking out 4 inches of pitch.

Before messing with props, how is the cavitation plate in relation to the bottom?  It should be 1 - 1.5 inches above the bottom directly in front of the motor.  Too deep could be causing too much drag and holding down rpms.  It is a lot cheaper to raise the motors, if needed, than mess with props.