Robalo Boating Forum

Robalo 1980 amf 20"

Hi people I'm new in this forum and I have a question I would like to know how much weight is my boat cuz I want to try towing with a Jeep Liberty 2003 Just want to make sure if this type of car can pull my boat I was reading and this car can pull up to 5000 pounds... please any answer ????

Bare hull, no motor lists at 2150 lbs. Add 450 for motor, another 200 for batteries and misc stuff, and 1000 for trailer. Figure 3800-4000 lbs.

Pulling is not going to be the problem. The hard thing is STOPPING as the boat n trailer weighs more than the tow vehical.

I had a Astro that I pulled her and it was a new aluminum float on and if there was any water on the road it was bear to control it. Last time I pulled her with it I got pushed down a bridge and luckily no one was in the intersection as I flew right through it with no control.

So if it was I I would get get disc brakes on both axels to help you.

If you plan a lot of trips you might want to get a bigger vehicle in the near future. Just my $,02 worth.