Robalo Boating Forum
Larry29936

Need Prop Suggestions - R200 CC with Etec 200hp

Just bought an Etec 200hp to replace the 130 hp Yammie that was on my R200. The Etec is almost 200 lbs heavier than the old motor so I'm looking for prop suggestions that will give me some stern lift. I'm willing to listen to all points of view and not specifically BRP products.

Thanks in advance

Welcome back, Larry!

Only one answer for something with stern lift....Rev 4. Get up with Ken at Propgods.com and he will get you set-up. A lot of us have dealt with him. He know props and is really nice to deal with. He will send you props to test, so no need to head down to the Tampa area unless you are just looking for an excuse to go!

Did you get all the things done to the boat you had on your wish list?

Thanks for the reply, Ken. Got most of it done. New console, new transom, stringers kneed into the transom (deck height), new rear deck with 16x16 access hatch, new rear half of coffin cover, replaced cable steering with hydraulic steering, and all new wiring in conduits. Still have to mount the T-top and electronics. I also still have some glasswork to do but nothing major. I'm going to wait until cooler weather before I awlgrip the deck.

Back in the day we put a double cup on the props to give it a lil more hole shot yet be able to run a higher pitch for more top end. I have no clue if they still do it but that's my $.02 worth.

There are still a few prop guys that know how to do it. Ken @ Propgods would know the guy over in the Tampa area that does it (ex-boat racing family business) but I cannot recall his name at the moment.