Robalo Boating Forum

Underwater LED installation

I was asked if I could put a document together to show how I installed my underwater LED. It is fairly detailed, but if someone needs further information I'll be happy to provide.

R207 Underwater LED installation.pdf

Wow great document Rich!

So you are using the ground bar near the bilge and running the hot to the breaker at the helm it seems, that answers questions for me when I attempt this next spring.

Thanks for your hard work making the .PDF!

The yellow buss bar I used is in the storage area right in front of the steering wheel on the R207. The buss you see in the first picture is in the bilge next to the transom and I can't reach it. If I could have used that buss would have been fine, but the entire bilge area on the R207 is darn near inaccessible.

• 2 weeks later...

I have easy access to the bus in my R245 so just have to run the fish tape from the stern to the helm.

One week left......I get my baby from the barn this coming Sunday the 23th!!!!!!

Don't know if I'd make it without the boat all winter. I've been out when the spray froze on the reels and windshield, and we had to do ice breaking at the dock (1/8 inch or less) to get in and out. Of course it was worth it when large striper were abundant. Now winter is whale watching time with hundreds of humpbacks hanging around and playing instead of striper. I take the family out to watch them on the warm days and do boat upgrades when it's cold.

Almost went out last night to play with the underwater LEDs, but the winds were still up and gusty so it will wait. Looking forward to seeing if the fish are attracted. Reportedly fish should be returning early this year due to the warmer water. Let's hope so.

I'm sure you're looking forward to getting your boat wet again. Hope you have fair weather and tight lines.

Other than my wife and son my boat is my best achievement Rich, worked and saved my butt off for it and it brings me peace. When walking out of the barn last November I did not even look back.

I will be posting a how to thread on battery hook ups because I see lots of questions about that so will add pictures and how I do my rigging. Also have a new mahogany gold leaf plank to hang on the transom that I will post how I did that. You and other have such great threads doing upgrades I need to pull some of the weight around here haha.

• 1 month later...

I was planning on getting a picture tomorrow morning while taking the wife out for a sunrise breakfast - BUT, weather forecast keeps changing and after getting caught in a real bad thunderstorm several years ago, she won't go if they're calling for any chance of them. If we go, I'll post a pic, but I kinda doubt it right now. I did take one when I only had the one light and it looked good. That's why I went ahead and got the 2nd. I'll add a picture when I get out in the dark.

Lumitec SeaBlaze3 lights. Looked at SeaBlase mini (too dim) and SeaBlaseX (too much for show). Went with green as everything I read said green was best for fishing (blue and white helped, but green best).

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long to add these, but this was the first time I got out after dark. Lights work really well and look pretty good too.

• 1 month later...