Robalo Boating Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyR200

R200 Fiberglass tackle box

I have a 2016 R200 and want to find a fiberglass tackle box to install where the removable cooler is (under the bolster seats). Does anyone have any info on one or already completed the mod?

Thanks in advance.

You read my mind! Coming back in just yesterday, I got to thinking about the same thing. I rarely use that big cooler for anything except to store 'junk' (flip-flops, bottom-brush, etc) and would like to make the space be more useful.

My neighbor fishes commercially, and he's mentioned that he used to build all his fish-boxes himself. I'll have to ask him for pointers when his season slows down. He also mentioned one time that he used to run drugs bigtime :dribble: , but eventually got caught. Can't wait to pry that story out of him too!

I've already started googling for plans, and between us all I'm sure something will come along.

Sounds like a plan, the box that is, not so much running drugs! Keep me posted, this may turn into a winter project.

These guys have a ton of boxes ready to go and they also provide custom builds or starboard for the DIY guys.

http://www.boatoutfitters.com/

I have a new R200 I went to Walmart and bought two 13 gal wastebaskets they are 15x11 they fit the opening under the rear seats . the lip keeps them up I had to cut them down from the bottom they were to long ,I moved the bottom up and now I have a place to store my plano 3700 .boxes

I have a new R200 I went to Walmart and bought two 13 gal wastebaskets they are 15x11 they fit the opening under the rear seats . the lip keeps them up I had to cut them down from the bottom they were to long ,I moved the bottom up and now I have a place to store my plano 3700 .boxes

Would love to see pictures! Great idea, thank you!

I am new to this so I don't know about pictures yet .I did post a picture on the gallery of the fit and make of basket

That's pretty slick! Thank you for the idea!

Someone on another forum had Robalo build a custom tackle station for his R200 (@$1,300 vs. $1,600 on boatoutfitteres.com). I've sent my salesman an email message to inquire. I'll keep those of you interested updated on how this unfolds.

I made storage box under my fish cleaning station It fits in 2 rod holders I installed It cost about $250.00 for everything

post-6175-0-64183000-1475270437_thumb.jpg

post-6175-0-99568900-1475270481_thumb.jpg