Robalo Boating Forum

Ready

mark g

Well, I managed to get everything done earlier this season. Last year I didn't launch until 5/24 but it looks like I'll be in my slip this Saturday, the 7th! We are really excited to see what this season brings aboard the Robalo... Hoping for great inshore fishing as well as some jaunts a little more off the coast for some sharks, BFT and Mahi along with a few daytrips out to Block Island.

image_zpswa8kw7qx.jpeg

I am usually one of the first in the marina and this year I was slipped by April 17th, 2nd paying customer along with several boats that were dropped for sea trials. I still have to wax the topside and have some projects that I can do while in the marina such as adding a Lumar chain pin locking plate, new Delta anchor, some teak work, and adding the boat's name that is being made now out of mahogany and 24k gold leaf to the stern.

This year I hope to make my way out of the sound around Montauk and further to chase some shark and Mahi, was never able to before in the 18' Mako I had.

20160417_090612_zpshpo6muth.jpg

It's a hike from Westbrook but it's usually with it earlier on in the season for fluke. It's great fishing in our area but there's just something different about heading out east.

Edited by mark g

Both boats look good! Just started cleaning mine up yesterday....now if we could just get all this nasty, rainy weather to stop so I can get a coat of wax on it!

Yeah Mark I have been buzzing the veterans trying to get as much info as I can and picking up used gear for the bigger game as I only have right now 2 boat rods and Penn Senator reels that MAY handle the big stuff. Due to the investment in fuel I want as much intel as possible before going out. The boat only has 140 gallons so I would have to top off at Montauk before heading out. Long Island Sound is like the shallow end and this is my first time going to the big boy part of the pool :yahoo_rotfl:

Took the day off since the weather was incredible in CT to do some work and shake down all of the pumps and test everything before getting serious.

Waxed the entire topside and hard top

Pumped out the antifreeze from the tanks and lines

Oiled the teak and holly cabin floor

Tightened all hoses in the bilge and aft access

Fixed the hose that came undone to the livewell and tested

Load tested batteries and checked the charging system for shorepower

Yamashield'd the engine and checked all connections and hoses

Hit all grease fittings for the hydraulics and checked the steering pump fluids

Came home covered in wax and grease and the wife said you look beat and said no..........I feel incredible and best day this year so far.

Edited by Scott Wheeler