Robalo Boating Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scott's yott

Bikinis Bathingsuits and Beer

OK It's time for my annual request for some warm weather pics.....Anyone been to the islands or the beach....I need girly pics and pics of people having having some warm and wild fun !!!..............No snow up here for snowmobiling, too damn cold for the boat, and i'm frikkin board

Well I could have takin some pics yesterday that couldn't even be posted here....but you sure would have liked them!

I'm laying pool side in Palm Springs yesterday and a beautiful Czech blonde about 5'8" lays down in front of me. She pulls off her wrap exposing her lovely upper body (trying to keep it PG).....see was topless and wearing an "eye patch and a string" for a bikini bottom. She quickly made efforts to cover her chest with a small towel. Which she pulled over her head when she layed down, of course pulling the towel up only left it too short in the chest area.

I ended up staying a little longer at the pool then I planned, as who I'm I to waste such a sight.

That's not right to describe something like that and no pictures to go with it! I thought you were supposed to be watching the plane :yahoo_rotfl:

Good one Johnnyp! Lets pile on Bill for not looking out for us!

You know, I was planning to take the copter with me till I remembered I was airlining home. I will be curious to see where the FAA goes with all this drone stuff. As of now if I fly that copter and take pics of your home and sell them to you it's a $10K fine and prosecution. They have shut down a few realty firms that use this very copter for commercial purpose. Ironically, if it's not for hire, I can fly it all day long!? Misguided as usual, gotta love the Feds!

In Australia they require a real pilots license to fly these copters commercially. Not sure how having a real ticket helps you fly a model, but someone down under figured it out that way and the US is looking hard at that program. Right now, only 327 special permits have been issued in the US (mostly colleges and law enforcement) to fly them outside of the hobby regulations.

I share all this because if your planning on hovering bikini sites in the near future, the Feds may rain on your flyover. :-( I better get up there now while the FAA is still short handed! ;-)

Thinking back on the topic of camera on any type of RC aircraft, why in the heck are they just now showing some concern over something we have been doing at the hobby level for so long! Granted, I arrived a little late to the party for mounting a camera on some of my planes, but I have had a blast being able to record what it looks like from the plane perspective without having to invest in FPV equipment. Yes, I am restricted to "line-of-sight", but that is not an issue to me. I also use a little common sense when I see a small private aircraft in the area and make darn sure my little RC is nowhere near the plane or at an excessive altitude.

What is the rationale for nailing someone using it for stuff like realty sales or car sales (I have seen commercials on TV where it appears the view from within the showroom is from a quad). Other than maybe requiring a business license if they do not already have one, then that makes sense. I sometimes feel that Big Brother is trying to put a damper on some stuff so they are the only ones with the fun toys. Now, on the flip side, if someone is using a UAV in an unsafe manner or violating an established law, all bets are off and they should dealt with accordingly. Some of the stuff on YouTube have shown a lack of common sense when flying some of these craft in high population areas.

I know AMA has been involved in a lot of discussions in DC and appear to be looking out for our best interest. Unfortunately, though, it is ultimately the lobbyist that drive what happens at the Federal level, and if they see the hobbyist market as a threat to their interest, we are the ones that are going to suffer. This would stifle an area where there have been some impressive research and development at the small businsess / non-military level. Look at some of the stuff we have access to now at a reasonable price; flight stabilization controllers, automated camera gimblals, miniaturized GPS tracking, autonomous flight controllers. A decent gimbal just a few years ago would have been over $1k and could only be used on the larger platforms; now they can be found starting around $100 and fly on the smaller quads that we can afford. Most of this has been accomplished by individuals wanting to improve on an existing product and make it available to a larger population. One of the most impressive things I have seen regarding our toys, is the work done on the Paparazzi Project: ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paparazzi_Project ). For around $300, you can now mount a controller on a UAV and be able to program the flight plan from takeoff to landing!

As for your last comment regarding FAA staffing levels brings up a great question....how do they plan on enforcing this stuff?

Here are a couple shots I took from one of my planes. First one is my house...you can see where we walk out in the field behind the house when flying.

PICT0103_zpsc61bea4d.jpg

This is my dad's house just down the street...can't miss it with the long pier!

dads_house_zps11d18d37.jpg

Total investment for this flying platform: $75 (foam glider, electric motor, servos, controller, key-chain camera).

Enough from me on this....back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Hopefully someone with some common sense will have a hand in the legislation (that's funny) but I read that sometime in 2015 the rules are going to change to allow commercial use. There's an article on videomaker.com about it

It's a hotbed topic fortunately overshadowed by more Everyman type governmental issues. I'm stuck in Dallas for 3.5 weeks (drone less ) but I will up load some stuff to YouTube and link it here to show the virtues of the gimbal and the latest GoPro.