Robalo Boating Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Primerdog

Perdido Key, Pensacola

Well,

We made it in mid afternoon yesterday and watched many boats trolling the gulf chacing the cobia. I was watching the weather and decided to stay off and get some more local knowledge. We are under tornado warnings now...lol. It looks promising the next few day snd we'll be hitting Florabama and chacing the pescadors and relaxin...time to venture out and get some charts and an Alabama liscence. I am hopeful to update with some good pics and stories other than knocking gelcoat off the side on a dock and polishing the hull on sandbars....

Updates to come,

Garry

Edited by Primerdog

You better post up some pictures! Hope you hook into a nice size cobe...I honestly believe the only thing I have caught that fought even close to a cobia is a bluefin tuna. BTW, cobia tastes better than bluefin.

You better post up some pictures! Hope you hook into a nice size cobe...I honestly believe the only thing I have caught that fought even close to a cobia is a bluefin tuna. BTW, cobia tastes better than bluefin.

+1 although I haven't caught a Tuna yet.....

What a crazy couple of weeks. I haven't had time to do much but work and drive. I had a guy call my out of the blue and wanted to by my Ranger Reata so i drove 600 miles to meet that purchaser. I am picking up a Key West 196 Bay Reef tomorrow to meet my shallow water needs..

We slayed the fish in Florida. Gag grouper, we must have caught 100 Red Snapper that we threw back, trigger fish and AJs. I never did get into the Cobia, in fact the only reports that we got on cobia catches were from the pier fishers. I pulled the boat about 2200 miles round trip and left her in the water in a slip for a week. The Robalo has really made a good choice. Now four more feet and twins....hmmm something like this http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/3728704568.html.

My wife is right, I will never quit seeking out the perfect sled...lol

Ok, well I had to stock up on provisions so off to Florabama

roughingit_zps16174731.jpg

Then I had to listen to my wife tell me how much she adored me

backboat_zps15016879.jpg

Then off to fish.

grouper_zpscbcde201.jpg

aj_zpsb78090bd.jpg

Garry

Edited by Primerdog

It looks like you had a fun-filled trip!

So much for two-foot-itis! Like they say, go BIG or go home.

Love the one with the BOSS telling ya how it really is after being with those two trophies. And what is with the picture with the grouper...is there something a little more interesting happening on the port side???

must be the trophies :D