Robalo Boating Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rchancew71

Center console sliding door panel guides

Would anyone know where I can find new guide rail for the center console access doors. I have a 79' 232 and the rails are plastic and have cracked. I check at west marine but they could not help me. Any help would be appriciated.

Can you post a picture of the piece?

I have an 1820 and had a similar problem. Went to Home Depot and found some in aluminum. :D

Just make sure you get both top and bottom along with lightly hand sanding the the running areas so they will slide easy. You can also put small starboard wedges on each end so when you close them they will stay in the closed position better. And while there out sand around the pull holes so they are easier in the fingers along with using some Flitz cleaner on there polishing ball and they will shine like new money.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I have an 1820 and had a similar problem. Went to Home Depot and found some in aluminum. :D

Thank you so much. Do you know what home purpose they were there to serve? Just in case I do not find them at my local HD, I would know where to search.

Just make sure you get both top and bottom along with lightly hand sanding the the running areas so they will slide easy. You can also put small starboard wedges on each end so when you close them they will stay in the closed position better. And while there out sand around the pull holes so they are easier in the fingers along with using some Flitz cleaner on there polishing ball and they will shine like new money.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thank you too Sammy.

Resurrecting the dead again. I am in search of replacement track guides. Lowes and Home Depot were a negative. The only thing they have is the individual C channel aluminum strips which are about 3/8" wide. Clearly too big for these plexi pieces. Any other suggestions out there?

McMaster Carr website. If it exists, they have it.