Robalo Boating Forum
Sign in to follow this  
2120Tom

Trailering Full Cover

Do any other CC owners trailer their boats covered to and from the water at highway speeds ? If so, got any pics of your covers. I'm hoping to see some covers that are tailored to fit closely around the cc, windshield and seats.

My(former)canvas person can't seem to make a cover for my 2120 that is capable of towing through the air without billowing out against the windshield to both gunwhales and acting like a sail giving me less than 10mpg(2011 GMC Sierra extcab), and it has tore out some screw in snaps from the fiberglass from the excessive material flapping in the wind.

I had a long and happy history with this fellow with my previous three standard hull style boatcovers. But now it's over between us due to his in-action and non-caring (don't need your business anymore) attitude. I must add that this cover is fine as a mooring/setting still on the trailer cover.

If any of you have some pics that may help me show the next canvas shop what I'm wanting and would care to send to my email, tmenning@neo.rr.com please do so.....Thank You.

Tom

I am not aware of any CC boat covers that are trailerable at highway speeds. Because of the lack of support coming from the underside of the t top down to the bow and funnel and stern there is too much unsupported material it will flap streach and tare. If you find something be sure to post it up.

I don't have a full cover on mine, just three individual covers tailored for the rear seat, console/ front seat and bow area. Is this what you are referring to or a single full cover. If it's the first, I have trailered at 75 mph with no issues and can provide pictures in the next day or so.

Airbill

Hi Tom,

I trailer mine with the console cover on, last weekend, 300 miles and was ok. Just just had to wash the road rime of after the trip. The cover i believe came with the boat originally, sunbrella fabric.

post-1542-0-32193600-1315752372_thumb.jpg

post-1542-0-10526600-1315752394_thumb.jpg