Robalo Boating Forum

Dates have been selected

ReelPlumber

• 1 month later...

Hey!!!!

I need a quick roll-call of those still planning on attending since it is less than a month away. Need to be sure if anything has come up that may prevent those planning on going from making it now.

Hey!!!!

I need a quick roll-call of those still planning on attending since it is less than a month away. Need to be sure if anything has come up that may prevent those planning on going from making it now.

Wife and I are still in with the 2120 :) (still negotiating on the cat :rolleyes2: ). I'm looking forward to meeting those who have helped me. My daughter and son-in-law are threatening to crash the party on SAT :beer: .

Since we are having some difficulty in getting a decent size group together, I think it would be in the best interest of the membership that we postpone the "official" get-together. Really looked forward to getting a bunch of us together at one time, but I also understand that due to current economic conditions, this could be rather tough for a lot of us.

Soooooo....it looks like there is gonna just be two of us down there, TreeFrog! Tell the daughter and son-in-law they are more than welcome to crash the party...just have to figure out where we want to have it! I am gonna still be in Nags Head for the weekend and the boat will be trailered down. You staying at Feather-N-Fin? When do you plan on heading down? I know for sure both of my boys (age 15) will be tagging along. If the water is decent, you up to running the inlet and fishing along the beach?

Since we are having some difficulty in getting a decent size group together, I think it would be in the best interest of the membership that we postpone the "official" get-together. Really looked forward to getting a bunch of us together at one time, but I also understand that due to current economic conditions, this could be rather tough for a lot of us.

Soooooo....it looks like there is gonna just be two of us down there, TreeFrog! Tell the daughter and son-in-law they are more than welcome to crash the party...just have to figure out where we want to have it! I am gonna still be in Nags Head for the weekend and the boat will be trailered down. You staying at Feather-N-Fin? When do you plan on heading down? I know for sure both of my boys (age 15) will be tagging along. If the water is decent, you up to running the inlet and fishing along the beach?

Yes, we'll be at the Feather-N-Fin. AR early afternoon 7/15. We'll have to get NC fishing licenses on the way. If the WX is good, I'm up for trying Oregon Inlet and along the beaches. The last time I did that was a long time ago in a 14' Starcraft w/20HP Merc.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I found that my trailer's right rear leaf springs are broken :( - there are two leaves where there should be 3, and 1 of them is mis-aligned. I check the trailer condition at every launch, so this must have happened on the way home from last THU's fishing trip. My trailer guy is looking for 4 sets of springs, but I'm doubtful that he can find them and get them on the trailer before FRI. I'm still planning to stay at the Feather-N-Fin, but without the boat. My brother said I should just launch at Va. Beach and run the boat down :captain: , but I'm bringing the wife and cat, and I'm just not up to making a long ocean run in the boat.

I have to say this is a big disappointment :( - I cannot safely trailer the boat the 80-90 miles to Whalebone Junction. Especially since the boat is full mission capable :) - the engine and all systems are working well. If my trailer guy DOES does come through, I'm bringing the boat.

Well Dan ,Lee and the other members,

I was planning on coming up without my boat of course :blush: but due to some unforeseen medical

reasons Pooping up, :angry: I've been grounded. : :wtf: So now

that I am not able to be there PLEASE wear your cameras out and post them up so I can get my fix of Robalo's

and there owners enjoying

themselves :beer: as some of us ROBALOHAULICS are having to sit this one out. :iiam:

Man...I gotta been busy today and just saw this!!!

TreeFrog...check with Portsmouth Trailer Sales and see if they have the springs. I agree with ya on try to run down being challenging; especially since the winds are supposed to be out of the north and northeast over the next few days and they are calling for 3-4 ft on the ocean at 7 second period.

Also, check your PM...I just sent ya my phone number.

SammyJoe...camera will be packed and used! Hope ya feel better, though. Oh, and BTW, I finished up my new bimini top today, so we are good for the weekend :thumbsup: