Robalo Boating Forum

Dates have been selected

ReelPlumber

Well Robaloboating mambers the date is set for July 15-17th and Dan will be working on the details. Please let us know if you plan to attend and how many in your family will be attending so we can make all the necessary arrangements and have enough goodies for everyone. Dan will be getting the ball rolling so watch for more news and save that date! :thumbsup:

Would those of you that think you may be able to attend please respond on this thread? Need to get an idea of the number of people so I can plan accordingly...the sooner the better :thumbsup:

PM's are simple....click on the mebers name, then their profile will pop up. under their name on the left side of the page click on send message. Then type whatever you want and post. It will tell you that the message was sent.

Dan, Kathy and I are planning on being there. :punk: We will be dragging up the boat with us. :D

For those of you looking for a place to keep your boat in the water at your motel, Feather and Fin would be perfect. Nothing fancy and reasonable price...

http://www.outer-banks.com/finnfeather/

Will be real close to some of the activities for the weekend. I have personally stayed here and have no complaints whatsoever. Plus, two of the best restaurants on the Outer Banks are just down the street from here :thumbsup:

I too am planning to be there ( if I don't have health issues) at this time.

I won't have the DOTTIE Q done so will have to bum a ride.

For those of you looking for a place to keep your boat in the water at your motel, Feather and Fin would be perfect. Nothing fancy and reasonable price...

http://www.outer-banks.com/finnfeather/

Will be real close to some of the activities for the weekend. I have personally stayed here and have no complaints whatsoever. Plus, two of the best restaurants on the Outer Banks are just down the street from here :thumbsup:

The hotel has 9 rooms open for 7/15-16, I just reserved 1! :thumbsup:

Treefrog -

What was the room rate?

$124.03/night, including taxes. I reserved the small room w/o microwave for Friday and Saturday nights. Check-in time is 1500; check-out time is 1100. I've attached the room rates. They have only 10 rooms and Kent told me we should block the rooms if we wanted the entire hotel.

-- They have a ramp and 160' of dock free to guests, plus grills if we want to use them.

-- 1st floor rooms open to the dock, which makes it easy to take those who aren't bringing their boats for a ride, maybe fish - with an NC license.

-- Overall, this is an exceptional deal for boaters.

-- If we had 9 others reserve their rooms, we would have the whole hotel, which would make it easy to use as a base for socializing, say, fixing a dinner - bring your own meat and a dish to share, or just telling fish tales while sipping a margarita or beer and watching the sun go down.

That sounds like a great place and a great price!! I'm trying to make it happen. If I do, I'm probably not going to bring the boat though. My 03 durango has 212k on the odometer and the 23 will pretty much be maxing out my towing capacity. Seems like I'd be asking for trouble coming all the way from ct. Hmmm I should be making the case for a 3/4 ton truck lol!!!

Treefrog is correct...that motel would be the perfect place to make for our base of operations. Everything one could need is right there or very close by. Docks are up a short canal, so boat wakes and wind are not an issue. They have a decent size parking lot, too. Just remember that this is no 5 star resort...but perfect for our needs.

As for the Oregon Inlet situation, it is gonna take a lot more silting to keep the smaller boats from using it. As long as the wind is not out of the northeast and no big swells, it can be navigated. If the Coast Guard do close it, though, no big deal...there is a lot of fishing and fun to be had in the Sound. Anybody want to do an offshore run, we can trailer 60 miles south and run out of Hatteras for a day of fun!

Mark - I can completely understand where you are coming from (even though my Suburban is fast approaching 240,000 miles :thumbsup: ). Don't let that stop any of ya that are considering coming to the event...it would be nice if you had your boat, but it is not a requirement. We will find a boat for you to ride on during the weekend! Just show up!!!

Treefrog is correct...that motel would be the perfect place to make for our base of operations. Everything one could need is right there or very close by. Docks are up a short canal, so boat wakes and wind are not an issue. They have a decent size parking lot, too. Just remember that this is no 5 star resort...but perfect for our needs.

As for the Oregon Inlet situation, it is gonna take a lot more silting to keep the smaller boats from using it. As long as the wind is not out of the northeast and no big swells, it can be navigated. If the Coast Guard do close it, though, no big deal...there is a lot of fishing and fun to be had in the Sound. Anybody want to do an offshore run, we can trailer 60 miles south and run out of Hatteras for a day of fun!

Mark - I can completely understand where you are coming from (even though my Suburban is fast approaching 240,000 miles :thumbsup: ). Don't let that stop any of ya that are considering coming to the event...it would be nice if you had your boat, but it is not a requirement. We will find a boat for you to ride on during the weekend! Just show up!!!

I forgot to say earlier, but I'm towing the 2120 and bringing my wife - she says "No" to the cat, even though the hotel is pet friendly. I think she's afraid I'll really take him out on the boat!

Had you planned on a little "cat" fishing :yahoo_rotfl: ???

Naw, he loves canned fish. I wanted to take him fishing so he could try a live spot. He's already had a couple of "fieldtrips" on the boat. I put him in the cockpit while I was replacing hoses, re-routing pumps and filters, and cleaning. He wandered around, sat in the Captain's chair, and finally napped between the livewell and starboard gunwale. He's about 14 y/o and I don't know if he could survive an entire day on the water.

Naw, he loves canned fish. I wanted to take him fishing so he could try a live spot. He's already had a couple of "fieldtrips" on the boat. I put him in the cockpit while I was replacing hoses, re-routing pumps and filters, and cleaning. He wandered around, sat in the Captain's chair, and finally napped between the livewell and starboard gunwale. He's about 14 y/o and I don't know if he could survive an entire day on the water.

Beautiful cat treefrog!

well its on thank god- i have read the threads and i got to say this event is so u can get away from what ever ailes u - i plan on being there unless gas goes to five bucks a gallon- just got back from CBBT.trip down was great left one am no traffic could time the lights all the way -got murdered comin home miday on gas mileage i will be traveling to where ever this is late night- oh and let some single woman know this event is happening theres a devorsed guy / and myself who are single whith a truck with 200.000plus miles on it. no excuses fellas and can someone clarify exactly wher we are to meet . got to go dig up coffee can in yard and see how much change i have hope there is some paper money in it - later

Depending on how many show up and decide to stay at Feather and Fin, that may end up being the "official" Robalothon location. It would be perfect for all of us since it is on the water, there is lots of room for trucks and trailers, and it is away from the "touristy" beach road. Personally, I think it would be the perfect place to base our operation out of!