Robalo Boating Forum

Robalo Canvas Replacement Source and Cost

plomb37492

Hey Robalonians-

I think I posted this last year, but wanted to point it out again to help others when it comes time to replace the canvas.

Here is the breakdown for replacing my canvas for my 1999 2440 with Hardtop

100252008 – Connector (goes from windshield to top) - $329.60

100253008 – Side curtains (port and stbd., sold only in pairs) - $314.76

100254008 – Drop curtain (rear) - $391.77

Keep this in mind if you order: Should you decide to order there are a couple of things to mention. All canvas is made to order based on original OEM specs, we keep no stock and is non returnable. For payment we accept Visa or MasterCard, normally the card is charged twice, first for the order amount when it is entered and again when the parts leave our facility for the cost of shipping. If you are uncomfortable emailing card information it can be taken by phone but, orders must be in writing. Replacement canvas is sent without the snaps installed because of preexisting studs in the hull.

Contact: Chyerl Foster at Taylor Made, 941-747-1900 Ext.205 or email: cfoster@ameritexfabr​ics.com

• 2 months later...

Hey Robalonians-

I think I posted this last year, but wanted to point it out again to help others when it comes time to replace the canvas.

Keep this in mind if you order: Should you decide to order there are a couple of things to mention. All canvas is made to order based on original OEM specs, we keep no stock and is non returnable. For payment we accept Visa or MasterCard, normally the card is charged twice, first for the order amount when it is entered and again when the parts leave our facility for the cost of shipping. If you are uncomfortable emailing card information it can be taken by phone but, orders must be in writing. Replacement canvas is sent without the snaps installed because of preexisting studs in the hull.

Contact: Chyerl Foster at Taylor Made, 941-747-1900 Ext.205 or email: cfoster@ameritexfabr​ics.com

For those of you considering getting new canvas because the zippers are coming apart - don't. I just replaced half the zipper sections on my 11 yr old canvas bimini for only $120 and it came out great. The person who did this for me did a very professional job. The zippers he left on were the ones that were still functioning properly and in locations (side panels) that don't get touched all that much. I also bought a lubricant at WestMarine that works like a chap stick and will keep my new zippers smooth and clear. The only mistake I made was when I removed the canvas from the stainless bars I should have done a diagram of which bars go where for reinstalling. I wasted about 3 hours trying to figure it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Robalonians-

Cheryl,

I purchased the canvas from you in April of this year it cost me $1100. I had tolsdyou I have a 2640 walk around and that the the canvas I received does not fit my boat. It is simply too small probably for a 2460. I have left emails and called, but no repsonse. What to do? It is still unsused and in the original paper packaging.