Robalo Boating Forum
mrrobalo

Post YOUR SHRIMP Recipes

Sammy Joe's Boiled/Steamed SHRIMP +

I usually make 2 LBS. at a time for dinner for 2 -3 with a Salad (bigger salad if for 3)

First I start off with the head off and shells on large 26/30 or 35/52 medium (I like these are more tasty) in a pot and fill 1 1/2 inches above the shrimp then spoon them out into a colander with plate under it.

Then I add Old Bay about t heaping table spoon , i/2 lemon squeeze out and drooped in, 1 teaspoon my seasoning (like Emerald's BAM for meat) a splash of vinegar and salt if you can gave it.

I then bring this to a boil and while waiting I make my cocktail sauce and drawn butter. Once thats done your shrimp boil has been combining all the spices .

I add the shrimp all at once and set the timer. I make a bowl with ice and water to test if it's done. I find the smaller shrimp are done in about 2 minutes and pull one out and drop in Ice-water for a second or too and cut and test the big end and as soon as it done I strain them in the colander and put them in a serving bowl (I warm the bowl wit hot tap water to keep warm on table) I then serve them hot .

My Cocktail sauce:

Cup of catchup

1 -2 tablespoons horseradish

tablespoon lemon juice

tablespoon Worcestershire

dash of A1 sauce

Garlic /onion sauce dash of each

Best if it is used the next day as spices congeal together.

Low Country Shrimp Boil for 4-6 :captain:

Another twist is to double the water and bring to a boil. I add :

SMALL cleaned whole red potatoes

6 ears fresh corn cut into 3rds.

Once the water starts to boil add potatoes bring back to boil and add lil corns bring to a boil.

Start checking potatoes every 2 minutes until they are done all he way through after corn has

returned to a biol.

Once potatoes are done spoon out all and put in a worm LARGE bowl and place towel over to keep warm. Return water to boil and add shrimp checking them after 2 1/2 minutes. Once done strain in colander and add/mix in with potatoes and corn. Serve on a paper covered table with a towel under bowl and enjoy. :thumbsup:

If we have a crowd we have a crab boil and I do basically the same thing but I pre cook the crabs clean them and place direct-ally on our Large round fiberglass Picnic table. :wtf: Once the other items are done I pour them over the crabs which in turn heats the cleaned crabs. Then PIG OUT ISLAND STYLE. Once we are done we squeegee what we can off the table into a 5 gallon bucket and hit it with a hose and dawn for the cleanup. :beer: :beer:

Here's one I really like::

Avocado Pineapple Shrimp Dish

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Appetizers Salads

Seafood

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

Vinaigrette

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup lime juice

1 tablespoon sugar

1 teaspoon lime zest

Shrimp

16 large shrimp -- peeled and deveined, tails on

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon cayenne

1 tablespoon olive oil

8 slices fresh pineapple

2 large avocado -- pitted and cut into chunks

Whisk all the ingredients for the vinaigrette together in a small bowl; set aside

Toss shrimp with pepper, paprika, salt, and cayenne.

Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until brown on one side, about 1 minute. Turn shrimp, saute another 30 seconds, then deglaze with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette; saute until shrimp are cooked through.

Arrange 2 pineapple slices and some of the avocado on each serving plate. Top with shrimp, the drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.