ReelPlumber

Robalothon  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many are interested?

• YES! I like the idea.
    • Maybe if I can work it in.
    • Wish I could, but too far
    • No Thanks

I have stayed here in the past...not a fancy place but has all the basic necessities.

http://www.finnfeatherwatersideinn.com/

I ended up using the boat ramp across the bridge from the motel to launch. Seems like I remeber the one on-site being a little steep. Dock is is a very protected area, so you do not have to worry about waves. The only downside is there are a number of grass beds between the dock and the main channel...just pay attention to your water pressure gauge or run the motor slightly trimmed up so the grass slides off the lower unit. (and yes...a long time ago when I was younger and dumber, I did manage to run through one of those grass mats and slightly warm a powerhead!)

OK...I have contacted (by e-mail)the inn Dan posted and asked some questions and hope to hear back soon. I am finding out about group rates, trailer parking, and how many can be accomodated. Stay Tuned!

We now need to work on the dates tho.

1st weekend of june is out.

1st weekend of july is out for holiday. (Road trip would suck)

How does June 10-13 work for everyone?

• 1 month later...

Now that things should slow down for a few days (yeah...right...I am off to New Orleans 7 days after getting back from Mexico for work :thumbsdown: ), I do have a serious question to ask regarding the summer get-together.

In case some of you have not noticed it yet, the price of gas is still climbing like a rocket. How is that going to impact your travel plans for this get-together? It is something all of us hate and try to put it on the back burner, but at some point it starts to cut into the play funds.

$ 4.29 for regular here!

Glad I don't have to drive very far.

Wish I could make the Get together!

We'll be in the Big Easy in May for this years spring trip.

Long Island in the fall.

(Wife has priority in these choices. My nickle. wtf?) lol

This sounds like fun. There is a USCG notice of shoaling in Oregon inlet. Our local rag had a recent article that the scheduled dredging is in jeopardy because the U.S. Gov't is operating under Continuing Resolution Authority, and not the full FY11 appropriation.

I just caught up on all of the latest about the inlet. Last report said the beach fisherman were almost able to park under the main channel span due to shoaling...charter boats and rec boats were passing through 2 spans south of the normal span. Once on the ocean side of the bridge, channel is pretty much back to normal. I also see that the channel from the fishing center to where you turn to run the Crack is still VERY NARROW. Hope they get a chance to clear that out, too, real soon. You would think that since the Coast Guard Station is next to the Fishing Center, keeping an open channel all the way to the first bar would be a priority.

I just caught up on all of the latest about the inlet. Last report said the beach fisherman were almost able to park under the main channel span due to shoaling...charter boats and rec boats were passing through 2 spans south of the normal span. Once on the ocean side of the bridge, channel is pretty much back to normal. I also see that the channel from the fishing center to where you turn to run the Crack is still VERY NARROW. Hope they get a chance to clear that out, too, real soon. You would think that since the Coast Guard Station is next to the Fishing Center, keeping an open channel all the way to the first bar would be a priority.

Thanks for the update. While a normal person would think that, it is the Army Corps of Engineers (ACE), not the USCG that maintains the Intra-Coastal Waterway, and does the dredging for shipping channels. ACE (part of the Department of Defense) is operating under Continuing Resolution Authority since the Congress has not yet passed the FY11 appropriations - and that has caused the funding problems for channel maintenance.

Treefrog is right. as my CG buddy says we build the road and they paint the lines. If you use a USACE waterway big changes coming next year. If it ever gets final I'll post in appropriate place.

Did you guys ever settle on a date or give up finding one that works?