Robalothon  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many are interested?

• YES! I like the idea.
    • Maybe if I can work it in.
    • Wish I could, but too far
    • No Thanks

Ok...we need some input.

Dan, Sammy Joe and myself have been discussing the idea of getting some Robalo boat owners together next summer. We thought that with the growing community and the amazing amount of members from the north east and the old salts from Florida, that trying to set something up in VA or in NC area might be a good centrally located point for all. Our thought was for later in the summer like July or August. This would be a family gathering and we will try to do something for everyone. It would only be just a couple of days or long weekend as not to take up everyones vacation time. Boats are optional but ofcourse the more the better. I am sure that some of us with open seats will be happy to have others (that could not drag theirs along) aboard. I know I could put a few on my boat.

Dan is checking on some different places to see what might work as a place to stay and keep the boats. As we get more info we will pass it along. We do hope many of you will join in and give us some ideas and let us know if your interested in coming to such an event. I know it is early to think about next summer but we think that in planning something like this it is going to take some time to put it together.

IS ANYONE INTERESTED?

Lee and guys. As usual I have an opinion. Sounds like a great idea (I'm always looking for incentive) couple of suggestions. If you want a family group do it late June or esrly July, we start school here in late July. My kids are gone but the boss is a teacher. Check out some freshwater locations. You can get further inland and it opens up a lot more lodging and sites, We Mobile, panhandle and Montgomery guys could get us a convoy. As Mr. R would say, there's my 2 cents worth

Lee and guys. As usual I have an opinion. Sounds like a great idea (I'm always looking for incentive) couple of suggestions. If you want a family group do it late June or esrly July, we start school here in late July. My kids are gone but the boss is a teacher. Check out some freshwater locations. You can get further inland and it opens up a lot more lodging and sites, We Mobile, panhandle and Montgomery guys could get us a convoy. As Mr. R would say, there's my 2 cents worth

We can surely look into Late June Early July if that works better. Finding something in the intracoastal is good just incase the winds are blowing for offshore. This is getting exciting :yahoo_think: and we really want to put something together. I hope more members will climb aboard. :wave:

I would give it a shot if I am available when scheduled. The boat will not be coming as I do not have a trailer or a tow vechicle big enough to haul it even if I had one.

We have family in Ohio and may work it in on the way north. Keep us posted on the plans.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in N.C., that is where I am from. I may be able to get my father to talk to and ride a few places and get some info that is needed. I know the Bluefish and Spanish Mackeral will be running through there good that timeframe and the Trout will be starting to warm up good. If you are looking for something inland, Santee Cooper in S.C. offers some excelent fresh water fishing. Or up to the Chesapeke Bay in Va is a good brackish water place to fish. The options are almost limitless. Just send me a message and let me know if you need any help getting things rolling.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got some questions for those interested in getting this going:

1. What do you think of having it at Nags Head, NC?

2. How many days should it be....Saturday-Sunday, or Friday-Saturday-Sunday?

3. Figuring we have to work this around when kids get out of school, what dates work for June?

Got some questions for those interested in getting this going:

1. What do you think of having it at Nags Head, NC?

2. How many days should it be....Saturday-Sunday, or Friday-Saturday-Sunday?

3. Figuring we have to work this around when kids get out of school, what dates work for June?

Nags sounds good, Friday Saturday Sunday sounds good and if anyone wants to hang longer they can if they wish too.

I may be going to bahamas from the 19th to the 25th but we may be able to change that date too.

• 3 weeks later...

question i camp alot in tents not campers would the powers to be look into campgrounds as well as lodging - my two cents say there would be an extra sense of commrodery with camp fires/ tents /and boats /thats my thought im in no matter what

Nags sounds good, Friday Saturday Sunday sounds good and if anyone wants to hang longer they can if they wish too.

I may be going to bahamas from the 19th to the 25th but we may be able to change that date too.

Bahamas is out for June so we are good anytime. :thumbsup:

There is a National Park Service campground just across from the Oregon Inlet Fishing Center at Nags Head. I will get the name and contact information for it shortly.

For me JULY is better as Cheryl starts Vacation availability and innovatory is over.

BUT the number one thing to remember is that we are just a bunch of guy (and Gals) meeting together at a cretin place for a good time and commodity.

The reason being is that we could be liable to pay tax on any prizes, purchase a event permit, and/or be liable for any thing that could go wrong.

All right now that all that was said the small print is over we have a fundament to plan for.

I am still very flexible on the dates. Definitely have the first 2 weekends of June wide open for the beach house and figured we could have the Friday night get-together and cook out there. I have a nice size yard that has spotlights, so we could set up the corn hole boards for anyone looking for some fun competition. Parking may by a challenge, but the side streets should be able to handle it fine.

Depending on how many wives and kids show up, Saturday would be an on-the-water get together on the sound side. There are numerous islands and sandy areas where we could raft up the boats, tube, fish, cookout, or whatever. There are two good boat ramps; one at the Oregon Inlet fishing center (National Park Service ramp) and the other is on the causeway going to Manteo. I kinda figured it we had a lot of wives at this gathering, they may want to get a feel for the area instead of us guys dumping them somewhere and heading out for a day of fishing. Saturday night would be everyone for themselves regarding dinner and after dinner activities.

Sunday would be the fishing day. Would have to come up with some type of a contest...2 divisions...one being inshore and one offshore. Would be a strictly fun tournament...I will see what kind of prizes can be acquired!

Any other ideas or suggestions???