Robalo Boating Forum

Rubrail Restore?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone care to buy into a spool of 7/8 inch polyester rope for a new rubrail insert? I can only find this material in a spool of 600 feet. Since I need 45 or so, I can do 14 boats. If no one wants in, where can I buy 13 19 foot boats so none goes to waste? Anyone have some of this?

I have tried Lowes, Tractor Supply, West Marine, Denver Rope (very cool stuff he has), New England Rope, Industrial Supply West Coast Rigging and on and on.

HELP!

West marine wouldn't sell it by the foot? I know its not on their website but if you go to the store itself they have it.

My store has 3/4. Will you please call your store for me? I am inland and not convinced there was a good search. Better yet, give me the number. I will call. Bigger water means bigger rigging. Better chance. :innocent:

Bill

I have a Lowes Home Improvement by my house and they sell it by the foot. If you get desperate I can pick it up and mail it to you. :D

I wound up buying nylon in 7/8ths from West Marine. It has a trace. :thumbsdown: Is the material at your Lowes polyester? I might just use the the nylon around my bollards for cushioning if so, and take you up on the offer.

Bill

• 9 years later...