Robalo Boating Forum

New Robalo Owner

JRock

Hello All! I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself and say thank you for all the great information out here on these boards. I have been looking at the boards for months now as I was contemplating a new boat (and the first I owned myself). I have spent years as First Mate on my father and other's boats but never had owned my own. This was the year that I decided to take the plunge. I was initially looking at the R227 but eventually convinced myself and the much harder job, my Wife that the Robalo 247 was the perfect blend of family/fishing/fun for us for years to come.

I can't wait until the Spring to splash my new 2009 Robalo 247 with the Yamaha 350 into the waters around Sea Isle City, New Jersey. I attached a couple of pictures I took at the dealership.

If anyone has any advice for a new owner, or any information for a new Robalo owner it would be greatly appreciated.

Take Care Everyone.

post-404-1266098166_thumb.jpg

post-404-1266098202_thumb.jpg

Welcome and thanks for taking a stroll down our cyber dock.

I promise you you will make family memories that will always be with you.

Any questions just ask. :huh:

Nice Looking Boat!

Welcome to the Robalo Family!

The R 247 has been a big hit for Robalo and all the owners I've spoken with love the boat! Wishing you many years of joy and happy memories on your new boat.

Hello All! I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself and say thank you for all the great information out here on these boards. I have been looking at the boards for months now as I was contemplating a new boat (and the first I owned myself). I have spent years as First Mate on my father and other's boats but never had owned my own. This was the year that I decided to take the plunge. I was initially looking at the R227 but eventually convinced myself and the much harder job, my Wife that the Robalo 247 was the perfect blend of family/fishing/fun for us for years to come.

I can't wait until the Spring to splash my new 2009 Robalo 247 with the Yamaha 350 into the waters around Sea Isle City, New Jersey. I attached a couple of pictures I took at the dealership.

If anyone has any advice for a new owner, or any information for a new Robalo owner it would be greatly appreciated.

Take Care Everyone.

Welcome to the Robalo Family, I'm sure you'll love the boat and with this forum any questions/issues will definitely get answered..There is a great document that one of our member posted on issues he found on his new R227. Its very detailed and very informative..Do search on user "kilonen" under "The Boat Dock" & "Dual Consoles"..I'd put the link to it here but not sure how to..

I also boat in NJ up in the LBI area.. Maybe some time we can schedule a NJ Robalo meeting on the water some time this summer..

Enjoy Your New Boat..

Thank you all for the warm welcome! It is greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to being part of the Robalo family for a long time. I think I made a solid decision, and can't wait to splash in the water in April. I also appreciate the advice (especially to the person who did the review on the 227 upgrades).

Looking forward to it.