Robalo Boating Forum

Re-labeling Switches on 1999 2440

plomb37492

I'm sure you want the exact names, but why can't you just name them for the function they perform. Keep it to the minimum and you can't go wrong. Forward Bilge, Aft Bilge, Navigation Lights, etc.

Rick

Rick- Thanks for the note. I have already done what you've suggested but there are a few switches that dont work and I am having a tough time figuring out what they are for. Let me know if you can help me with that. Thanks! -Paul

Paul, there are a couple of guys that have the 2440 on here that you can send them a pm and they might be able to help you.

Try

Bellbouy2440, (Steve)

SebagoLow (Mike)

Send them a PM and it will send them an e-mail to check the forum.

Lee

I have been reading this post, but have not jumped in here for I have a 1996 and it seems from the photo above that the 1999 had two rows of switches. I have one row of switches on top with a row of circuit breakers below. I went out to the boat and took some photos to attach. As you can see there is a lot of difference. I split the photos left and right side so you can read them.

Some have suggested label makers in the past. I have even tried using a black name plate I got at West Marine. It is an engraved plate with a black face a white letters. You can see it on the bottom right of the second photo. It has all but disappeared in the sun in a few years while the original panel is 13 years old.

I have been watching to see if anyone knows of some place that can clean and then reprint these switch plates.

Steve, if you look closely to his picture, I think his is also switches on top and reset buttons on the bottom. His resets appear to have a water proof rubber cap covering them.

Are the letters, fish and ROBALO name in your panel engraved and filled with white paint?

Reason for asking is I was wondering if a new paint job would do the trick? Ofcourse thats if it is engraved.

Still looks good for almost 14 years old.

Lee, you are correct on the second look. A different breaker than I have with a boot.

My labels are just painted on and not engraved. I have not looked very hard at options as they still are readable. You just DO NOT want to spray them with cleaner and then rub with a rag or the white comes off. Recently, while filling my hydraulic steering I spilled some oil on the panel plate and when I wiped the oil off it looked better than ever.

• 4 months later...

Can't help with which label goes where, but Blue Sea's makes good labels with a huge selection. Quality is top notch and low cost.

http://bluesea.com/category/8/34

• 4 years later...

Hopefully this will help others with 1999 2440's whose panel switch letter ahs worn off.

Here are the names for the 12 switches on the switch panel.(starting from left to right).

Nav./Anch Lt. - Cabin Lt. - Panel Lt. - Deck Lt. - Bilge 1 - Bilge 2 - Shower - Radio - ACC 1 - ACC 2 - ACC 3 - Horn

I hope that helps!

-Paul

• 3 weeks later...
post-5129-0-06747800-1398614270.jpgon my previous boat I took my switch panel to a decal printing shop and they printed everything on to a carbon fiber vinyl sticker that matched my switch panel cost was $50. I had to remove the switches and apply the vinyl and cut the holes out to place the switches back on the panel.http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R3.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xcarbon+fiber+&_nkw=carbon+fiber+vinyl&_sacat=0&_from=R40